Putnam Family and Community Services, Inc. (PFCS) is pleased to announce that its Board of Directors has grown with a number of new members. Recent additions to the governing body of the Carmel-based non-profit, which provides mental health and chemical dependency services to 1 in 14 Putnam residents, include:|
• Tracey S. Bernstein, Esq. of Garrison, Founding Partner of Manhattan-based Himmel & Bernstein, LLP;
• Lori Downing of Clinton Corners, Area Retail Manager with Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union;
• Michele L. Gasparre, of Brewster, President of Meridian Benefits Consulting;
• Susan Kessman of Pawling, Contract Optimization Analyst with Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.;
• Mary McGuigan of Carmel, Retired Small Business Owner; and
• Michael J. Nesheiwat, MD of Carmel, Attending Physician and Chairman of the Department of Medicine at Putnam Hospital Center, Putnam County Coroner, and local physician in Brewster, NY
“We are thrilled to welcome these individuals to our Board of Directors,” said PFCS Executive Director, Diane E. Russo. “Each brings unique skills, knowledge, and a passion for recovery that will help guide our organization and ensure that we continue providing quality services to the people of Putnam.”
Russo added, “I would encourage anyone who wants to make a difference in the lives of their neighbors to join a local not-for-profit board of directors and to choose an agency that does work that you are passionate about. It’s the best way to give back to your community.” Russo can be reached at 845-225-2700.
Putnam Family and Community Services, Inc. (PFCS) is the only private non-profit agency providing recovery-based mental health, chemical dependency treatment and prevention services in Putnam County, NY. PFCS offers hope and healing to people of all ages through a comprehensive range of services including individual and group counseling, care coordination, family advocacy, parenting education, community outreach, psychiatric rehabilitation, and medication management. For more information, visit www.PFCSinc.org or www.Facebook.com/PFCSinc.